A. Requirements and Notices About Contributions
Attention for authors:
This journal implements an anonymous review system. To speed the peer review process, when submitting a manuscript for the first time, it must not contain any author information. . We hope that you provide detailed author information when you register for contributing, so we understand your research background.
For externally audited contributions whose processing status is “recheck after revising”, the revised sections of the uploaded contribution also must not contain author information as it will be submitted to expert recheck.
1. 1 Title
The title should be brief and concise, accurately expressing the article. The length of title should not exceed 20 words in general, removing the words such as “research, analysis, discussion”. Please express the core idea with the least amount of words, and try not to use subtitles.
1) Study on Classification of Matching Area of Underwater Topography Based on BP Neural Network
2) A Parallel Algorithm of Model Simplification under the Control of Parameter Based on Independent Set of Points
3) The Salable Performances of A and its Influencing Factors
4) Genetic Analysis and Evaluation of Tarim Basin
The quality of the abstract will directly influence whether your article will be included in the international Engineering Index (EI). The abstract and title will stand as an independent article in the database. The abstract should include the purposes, methods, results, and conclusions, and should be concise, brief, quantified, legible and logical. Please be succinct; just state your own new discoveries in the abstract, ensuring that every sentence might be cited. The length of abstract should be within 300 words expressed naturally and accurately.
1) Purpose: why do you want to do this research and what is the significance of this research? Propose questions first, so your article takes a clear position.
2) Methods: how the research was conducted, and the specific experimental means you adopted.
3) Results: the statistical outcomes or quantified findings of your study.
4) Conclusion or Discussion: s the principles, rules or phenomena inferred from the results.
3 Unit of Measurement
The use of units of measurement should conform to the latest standards of the National Legal Measurement Unit (GB 3100-93), and the International System of Units (SI unit).
Foreign characters in the text should be case sensitive, with distinct superscript and subscripts, as well as clear bold characters (tensor, vector symbols).
Hectare (area of land) hm2 1 hm2=104 m2=15 mu
Day (unit of time) d 1 d=24 h=86 400 s
Degree (unit of angle)（°） 1°=（π/180）rad
Ton (unit of mass) t 1 t=1 000 kg
4. 4 Introduction
The introduction section should state the background and problems of the study, and the problems which will be solved in this paper in detail. The primary task of the introduction is to give the outline and foundations of the full text. It describes the background, significance, status of development, current level of the research field. The introduction should also include a review and summary the relevant literature of the related fields including the research findings of previous studies, and problems that have been previously solved. The authors should make an objective evaluation or comparison of the previous research, and point out the problems and unsolved technological gaps. It also can propose new problems, new ways and new ideas to solve these new problems, thus drawing out the motivation and significance of your own research. At last, introduce your research purposes, and summarize the outline of your paper.
The main purpose of the introduction is to tell readers about the research field, the significance of your research, the problems will be solved in your paper, and the status of the research. A literature review is an important component of an academic thesis, and is the summary and review of the previous studies in one research field, including the representative ideas, theories, inventions, findings, solutions to problems, and so on. The references should be cited when describing research findings of others, including publication information of research findings After reviewing previous work and achievements in this research field, authors can introduce the motivations, purpose and content of their own research. The motivation could be described in two aspects, one is to point out the unsolved problems or gaps in the knowledge, and another is to illustrate the significance of solving this problem or filling in the gaps. Following the literature review, the purpose, main content, and the significance of this paper should be discussed.
5 Tables and Figures
1) Include only the most necessary charts in the text. The title of a chart should be both in English and Chinese.
2) All maps or drawings must be drafted by appropriate software, use CORELDRAW 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, and provide CDR graphic files.
3) For scanned images, you should provide JPG or TIF and line drawings at a precision of 1 200 dpi, gray-scale map 600 dpi, and color graphs 300 dpi.
4) Maps must have a scale bar, directions or mark longitude and latitude on the map.
5) In coordinate graphs, the name of vertical and horizontal axis must be marked as well as the international units.
6) Maps or drawings involving national borders should be drawn using the latest geographic base map officially published by our country. Certificates for drawings provided by provincial or municipal survey and mapping departments are also are accepted. Self-produced maps of China should not omit Taiwan and the islands of the South China Sea.
According to the Rules for Documentation of Bibliographic References (GB/T7714-2005), the sequential encoding system was adopted by this journal. The cited references should be sequentially marked as a number enclosed in square brackets in the text. The authors’ name shall be written as with family name before given name, abbreviating foreign authors’ given name, and separating each name with a comma. List all authors when there are three or fewer, while only list the first three when there are more than three, others are omitted by “et. al”. The name of English language journals shall be written in italics. The author should note the citation number as superscripts at the quoted text at the time of submission, and the check the references should be double checked with a before-and-after comparison. The references at the end of the article shall be marked the according to sequence number in order to avoid repetition or omission of references.
Authors (just list the first three). Article title [J]. Journal title, year, volume (Issue): starting page -ending page.
Li Deren, Miao Qianjun, Shao Zhenfeng. Orientation and Framework of Geo informatization System [J]. Geomatics and Information Science of Wuhan University, 2007, 32(3):189-192
Authors. Book title[M]. Edition publishing location: Publishing Company, year. :Starting page -ending page (with connector “-“).
Huang J H, Chen W S. The Construction and Application of Continuous Operational Satellite Service Integrate System[M]. Beijing: Science Press, 2003:15-18
Author. Thesis Title[D]. Location: Degree-conferring Unit, Date of witting
Liu Shulei. Research on the Composition Techniques of Geo-spacial Web Services Based on Workflow[D]. Changsha: National University of Defense Technology, 2007
4) Electronic Document
Author. Document Title[OL]. Source/Web Site, Publication/Renew/Citation Date. Example:
Chang C C, Lin C J. LIBSVM: a Library for Support Vector Machines, 2011[OL]. http://www.csie.ntu.edu.tw/cjlin/libsvm,2012
Author. Document Title[C]. Conference Title, Place of the Conference, Time
Chen Zitan, Guevara J A. Systematic Selection of Very Important Points(VIP) from Digital Terrain Model for Constructing Triangular Irregular Networks[C] .Auto-Carto 8,Baltimore,USA,1987
Proposer of Standard (Standards Organizations in general). Standard Code. Standard Sequence Number-Publication year Standard Title [S]. Publication Place: Publisher, Publication year.
National Information and Document Standardization Technical Committee of the Sixth Sub-committee. Rules for Documentation of Bibliographic References (GB/T7714-2005) [S]. Beijing: Standards Press of China, 2005
7) Literature (with independent title) separated from Monograph (including books, conference proceedings, collected papers)
Author. Literature Title [Symbol about Literature Type]// Document Author. Monograph Title. Edition Item. Publication Place: Publisher, Publication year: Starting-ending page of the separated literature.
Huang Yunhui. The Research Trends of International Mineralogy [M]/ Cheng Yuqi. The Development Trends of Geological Science and Technology. Beijing: Geological Publishing House, 1982: 38-39
8) Literature separated from Journal
Author. Literature Title [J]. Full name of the Journal, Year, Volume (Issue): Starting-ending page
Xu Binshi, Ou Zhongwen, Ma Shining, et. al. Nano-surface Engineering[J]. China Mechanical Engineering, 2000, 11(6): 707-712
Appendix: Symbol about Literature Type
General Book---M; Conference Proceedings/ Collected Papers---C; Assembly---G; Newspaper---N; Journal---J; Dissertation---D; Report---R; Standard---S; Patent---P; Database---DB; Computer Program---CP; Electronic Bulletin---EB.
1) Introduction of the first author should include the name, professional title, academic degree, research area and major and so on, E-mail, telephone number.
For example: XX, professor, doctor, specializes in the research of xxx. E-mail: email@example.com. Telephone Number: 137xxxx3309. (For accepted articles, it should be added in the main body)
2) Provide the name and project number of the foundation support. For example: the National Science Foundation of China (No. 41071286)
3) Provide the document of WORD 2003 with the format of “*.doc”.
4) Note contact information of the contributor, including mailing address, postcode, telephone number and E-mail.
5) Please provide at least three experts with professorships as reviewers upon contributing, noting their research direction, mailing address, postcode, E-mail and phone number.
6) It shall have three to eight key words in the abstract.
B. Contribution Agreement
1) After the editorial department receives a contribution, we send confirmation of receipt to the author at once. The contribution will be sent by the editorial department to the relevant expert for review and to chief editor for final examination, with a decision within four months. If author does not receive reply from the editorial department after four months (according to the receipt data), he or she could handle the contribution by himself or herself. An author who receives reply and offer during this period must not deliver the contribution to other journals again.
2) Concerning copyright transfer: after agreeing to publish the contribution in Geomatics and Information Science of Wuhan University, the exclusive copyright and the sole agency of the contribution would be authorized to the editorial department of Geomatics and Information Science of Wuhan University. The editorial department will retain the following copyrights: the right of compilation (part of or the entire article), right to print and copy of electronic edition, right of translation, right to network dissemination, right of exhibition, and publishing right as well as license for document retrieval system or right for database including. Others must not compile, reprint and publish any part of the contribution by any means without the written permission of the editorial department of Geomatics and Information Science of Wuhan University. After publication, the author has the right to use the articles for exhibition, compilation, or display it on his or her website, he or she would still have non-exclusive rights.
3) The author should take sole responsibility for his or her contributions. The editorial department has the right to make modifications in technology and text for the contributions.